LOCATE GET STARTED
Download & Registration
Your KYCS Locate device will be activated within 48 hours after purchase and receipt of your registration,
registration is provided by an authorized KYCS Locate dealer.
Register a New KYCS Locate Account
- Go to www.kycslocate.com and click on “Register” – Note click here to watch video.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Validate your email – enter the verification code sent to you from KYCS.
- Enter your Account Name, Contact Name and Password. Your Account Name will be the title used in the KYCS Locate app and online platform to manage your asset(s).
- Add your KYCS Locate device. Go to www.kycslocate.com, enter your Login name (email) and password. Go to the top menu, click on “Info Manage” and in the drop down menu select “Vehicle”
- Click on the “Activate Device” icon, picture below. The icon is located at the top sub menu under the main menu. Enter your Device ID and click on “Activate”.
KYCS Locate App - GET STARTED
- Download the free KYCS Locate app. Download links available at the bottom of this page.
- Login using your credentials. Please refer to the welcome email we sent you with a user name and password.
- Change your password by tapping on the “ME” icon located on the bottom menu, tap on “Change Password” and proceed. Note, that you may also login via the online platform at www.kycslocate.com
- You are now ready to monitor your KYCS Locate device. Start by tapping on ” User & Device” locate on the bottom menu, then tap on the asset name to monitor its location. Note the KYCS Locate device is pre-set to one (1) location ping per day.
KYCS Locate - How to videos
KYCS Locate – How to register a Locate device.
KYCS Locate – How to use the mobile app.
KYCS Locate – How to locate your inventory.
KYCS Locate – How to track your assets.
Online Locate Platform
Access our online platform for further features.
- Device management
- Inventory view
- Battery monitor
- Track replay
The device is equipped with high powered magnets for a quick and easy installation on most metal surfaces. You may also use the provided 3M adhesive for installation on non-metal surfaces.
The KYCS Locate device has a weatherproof casing and can be installed on most assets including vehicles, trailers, RV's, heavy equipment, generators, boats, powersports, motorcycles and more... Install the KYCS Locate device in a hidden place within the asset.
Note, do not install the KYCS Locate device inside a metal enclosure.
Once installed you may use the KYCS Locate app or online portal to view its last pinged location. The KYCS Locate device will provide one (1) preset location ping per day. For further details you may contact us
User Guide and Tips
View the map location of one (1) KYCS Locate device, Note to view all devices at once you must use the online platform.
- View map in standard or satellite by tapping on the globe icon.
- Tap on the asset icon to view further details.
- Swipe from bottom up to view battery monitor, wake up time, device status and last ping.
- Tap on “Info” to display or change asset name
- Tap on “Track” to replay the location details for the past 2 days.
The Alarm page will display a removal alarm if the KYCS Locate device has been activated with the alarm feature. Please contact us to activate the removal alarm.
Yes, the KYCS Locate device is weatherproof with an industrial housing. You can install the KYCS Locate device on most assets including, boats, motorcycles, RV’s, trailers, generators and more. It’s important to note that the KYCS Locate device should not be installed in a metal enclosure as it will prevent the signal from being transmitted.
Yes, when installing the KYCS Locate device inside a vehicle, please ensure that the red stripes are facing towards the ground. The antenna is located on the top of the device which is the opposite side of the red stripes and must be facing up toward the sky. It’s important to note that the KYCS Locate device should not be installed in a metal enclosure as it will prevent the signal from being transmitted. The KYCS Locate device works under or inside plastic enclosures.
When GPS satellite or assisted GPS satellite is not available, the KYCS Locate device will use cellular towers also known as Locate Based Services (iLBS) to estimate it’s location. This service is a back-up solution to GPS satellite and it will NOT display pinpoint accuracy. At times the location can be 100-1000+ meters from it’s true location. To identify if Location Based Service is currently being used for locating your asset, it will be displayed on the online platform ( not available on the KYCS Locate App) in the monitor page under the “Status” details as “iLBS”. Please review the below screen shot when iLBS is currently being displayed.
- In the event an asset equipped with a KCYS locate device is stolen, report the theft immediately to local law enforcement in the city/town where the theft occurred.
- Click on ” Report a Theft” under the “Contact Us” top menu and fill in the form. Enter your Registration ID ( located in the top left box of your Agreement & Term form, as provided by your dealer), Police incident number and contact details. Submit once completed.
- You may also contact us directly at 1-866-800-4111 ext. 3